DharmaSun's Teaching Room Archive is a collection of teaching series encouraged by Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche and previously offered on DharmaSun. Everyone is welcome to join, watch the recordings, and/or download the audio files.
Courses presently available (latest first):
- Dr. David Shlim: The complete story about Medicine and Compassion. Recorded during the Annual Fall Seminar 2022
- John Canti: Remembering the Masters. Recorded at Gomde Germany-Austria in collaboration with 84000 & DharmaSun.
- Talks offered during the Summer Seminar 2022:
- Ana Lopes and James Gentry: Education in the Transmission of Buddhism
- Karl Brunnhölzl: Uncovering Buddha Nature —The Cloudless Sky Within
- Khenpo Pema Namgyal: Outline of the Ocean of Amrita Practice (Ngakso)
- Andreas Doctor: How the Buddhas teaching appeared in the world and how it continues to manifest
- Erik Pema Kunsang: Open Question & Answer session
- Erik Pema Kunsang on Lamrim Yeshe Nyingpo (10 sessions, ~1 hours each)
- Heidi Koppl on Establishing Appearances as Divine (3 sessions, ~1.5 hours each)
- John Dunne and Antoine Lutz on Buddhist Science: An Exploration (10 sessions, ~1.25 hours each)
- Andreas Doctor's on The Buddha’s Teaching in India and Tibet: Oral transmission, Treasures and Pure Vision. (3 sessions, ~1.5 hours each)
- Thomas Doctor's Teachings and Conversations on Madhyamaka. (6 sessions, ~1.5 hours each)
More teachings will be added as they become available.
Erik Pema Kunsang is a dharma teacher and translator who has attended Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche and his sons for more than 40 years. In 2010 Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche told Erik to pass on the dharma as a teacher. Erik guides through simple methods that allow natural love and insight.
Mag. Heidi Koppl is a translator of Tibetan language and editor in chief of Tara’s Triple Excellence Program. She has studied with Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche and Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche and authentic teachers in the Tibetan scholarly tradition at Ka-Nying Shedrub Ling Monastery since a young age. Right now she resides at Gomde Pyrenees, Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche’s international retreat, working on online meditation programs, helping with the three year retreat projects and doing a few retreats here and there.
Prof. John D. Dunne (PhD 1999, Harvard University) holds the Distinguished Chair in Contemplative Humanities, an endowed position created through the Center for Healthy Minds at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. He also holds a co-appointment in the Department of Asian Languages & Cultures, where he currently serves as department chair.
Dr. Antoine Lutz is an associate scientist at the Waisman Lab for Brain Imaging & Behavior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is doing his research in collaboration with Prof. R. J. Davidson and several researchers from his lab.
Dr. Andreas Doctor lives in Denmark and is currently serving as editorial co-director at 84000: Translating the Words of the Buddha. Previously, Andreas lived in Nepal where he studied under the guidance of the monks and lamas at Ka-Nying Shedrub Ling Monastery. He received his PhD in Buddhist Studies from the University of Calgary in 2004.
Dr. Thomas Doctor is an Associate Professor at Kathmandu University, Centre for Buddhist Studies at Rangjung Yeshe Institute. He has studied with authentic teachers in the Tibetan scholarly tradition at Ka-Nying Shedrub Ling Monastery since he was a young man. With the Dharmachakra Translation Committe and 84000: Translating the Words of Buddha, he has translated classic Buddhist sūtras, tantras, and treatises.
If you were already registered for any of the above seminars when they were given, you already have access to this archive when logged in.
Otherwise, please register below. Registration is free, and donations are welcome and appreciated; they support the maintenance and further development of these online platform activities.