Triple Excellence Facilitated Group Practice
In this day and age very few of us have the opportunity to get continuous teachings from our teachers. This is why Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche created the authentic online dharma program, Tara’s Triple Excellence. Initially, the program was designed to be practiced individually. Now we are delighted to offer the First and Second Excellences in two formats: Participants can sign up and move through it individually, or as part of a Facilitated Group and be in contact with fellow practitioners going through at the same time.
In Buddhism we speak of taking refuge in the Three Jewels: the Buddha, the dharma and the sangha. While sangha can refer to the enlightened sangha of realized masters, the jewel quality pertains to our companions on the Buddhist path as well. The sangha of companions holds an ocean of wisdom. When we find ways to collectively share this wisdom, we can truly benefit from the sangha jewel. By practicing Tara’s Triple Excellence in a group, practitioners can directly experience the qualities of the sangha jewel.
Next Available Group
The next group for the First Excellence will start January 10, 2021 and will be hosted in English. Registration for this group is open until January 6, 2021. Please fill out the form at the end of this page to register. The group will be meeting on zoom. The zoom link will be made available upon registration.First meeting: January 10, 2021
Dates: 2nd and 4th Sunday of every month for 5 months
Times: 8:00-9.30 pm (Vienna) / 2:00-3:30 pm (New York)
Every morning and evening, participants are expected to go through the guided meditations of the Tara’s Triple Excellence themselves. Additionally, they will meet every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month with the group for discussion.
Throughout the year 2021, we will continue to offer English-speaking groups for the First and Second Excellence (Part 1). A Spanish-speaking and Russian-speaking group for the First Excellence are scheduled in the near future to kick off facilitated groups in other languages. Please also fill out the form at the end of this page if you like to be contacted when the timing of the groups is finalized.
– For new 1st Excellence practitioners: $330
– For new 2nd Excellence practitioners: $340**
– Former students not currently enrolled in the 1st Excellence: $165
– Former students not currently enrolled in the 2nd Excellence: $166
– Currently enrolled in an Excellence: $108. After finishing with the group, participants can re-register for the Excellence they were previously in.
*Scholarships are available to help towards your contribution.
**A prerequisite for the 2nd Excellence is having completed the 1st Excellence
After finishing with the group, participants can re-register for the Excellence they were previously in for 25% of the original cost
What is group practice?
We invite you to enhance your meditations of Tara’s Triple Excellence by joining fellow students as they study and practice the First Excellence with two trained facilitators. The group of 8 to 12 participants will meet bi-weekly in 90-minute online Zoom-sessions to review and discuss questions about the practice.
Who are the facilitators?
The groups’ facilitators are practitioners of the Triple Excellence who have completed the Tara’s Triple Excellence Facilitator Training. A pair of co-facilitators will create a welcoming environment for you and the group to progress on the path.
This group practice is for us if we are…
– interested in studying, reflecting and meditating upon the teachings of the Excellences in the company of other students.
– looking for help setting our daily practice schedule.
– having a hard time sticking to our daily practice schedule and looking for support that will keep us on track.
– wishing to meet and build stronger connections with other TTE participants and enhance the feeling of belonging to an international sangha.