Triple Excellence Facilitated Group Practice
In this day and age very few of us have the opportunity to get continuous teachings from our teachers. This is why Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche created the authentic online dharma program, Tara’s Triple Excellence. Initially, the program was designed to be practiced individually. Now we are delighted to offer the First and Second Excellences in two formats: Participants can sign up and move through it individually, or as part of a Facilitated Group and be in contact with fellow practitioners going through at the same time.
In Buddhism we speak of taking refuge in the Three Jewels: the Buddha, the dharma and the sangha. While sangha can refer to the enlightened sangha of realized masters, the jewel quality pertains to our companions on the Buddhist path as well. The sangha of companions holds an ocean of wisdom. When we find ways to collectively share this wisdom, we can truly benefit from the sangha jewel. By practicing Tara’s Triple Excellence in a group, practitioners can directly experience the qualities of the sangha jewel.
Next Available Groups
Sangha members from Dharma House Amsterdam, who successfully participated in the TTE facilitator training, will facilitate a group for the First Excellence, starting September 13, 2021. The group will be organised in a “hybrid” form. Participants can either attend in person in Dharmahouse Amsterdam or attend online over Zoom. The group will be hosted in English.
Start: September 13, 2021
Meets every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month for 5 months
Time: 7.30pm – 9pm (Amsterdam)
Location: Dharmahouse Amsterdam or online over Zoom
Groups for the Second Excellence Part 1 and the Second Excellence Part 2 will start in October 2021. In November, we will start a group for the Second Excellence Part 3. More details will follow soon. To register for the groups, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
– For new 1st Excellence practitioners: $330
– For new 2nd Excellence practitioners: $340**
– Former students not currently enrolled in the 1st Excellence: $165
– Former students not currently enrolled in the 2nd Excellence: $166
– Currently enrolled in an Excellence: $108. After finishing with the group, participants can re-register for the Excellence they were previously in.
*Scholarships are available to help towards your contribution.
**A prerequisite for the 2nd Excellence is having completed the 1st Excellence
After finishing with the group, participants can re-register for the Excellence they were previously in for 25% of the original cost
What is group practice?
We invite you to enhance your meditations of Tara’s Triple Excellence by joining fellow students as they study and practice the First Excellence with two trained facilitators. The group of 8 to 12 participants will meet bi-weekly in 90-minute online Zoom-sessions to review and discuss questions about the practice.
Who are the facilitators?
The groups’ facilitators are practitioners of the Triple Excellence who have completed the Tara’s Triple Excellence Facilitator Training. A pair of co-facilitators will create a welcoming environment for you and the group to progress on the path.
This group practice is for us if we are…
– interested in studying, reflecting and meditating upon the teachings of the Excellences in the company of other students.
– looking for help setting our daily practice schedule.
– having a hard time sticking to our daily practice schedule and looking for support that will keep us on track.
– wishing to meet and build stronger connections with other TTE participants and enhance the feeling of belonging to an international sangha.